Mar 31st, 2017
We're going out with a bang this season finale as we tackle a contentious (but fascinating) fandom: Bronies (adult male fans of My Little Pony)!
What is it about the show, obstensibly for children, that draws in adults? Why does the fandom persist to this day? Why the controversy?
That is it for this season! We will be back on April 21st starting off season 3 where we'll be talking about Doctor Who fandom with a special guest!
- Want to see more awesome fandom content? Become a Patron on Patreon!
- Find more like this: fanthropological.com
- Find us on social media
- Email us about fandoms you want to hear about: email@example.com
- "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"
- "My Little Pony: the Bronies who love them aren’t who you think they are"
- ""Creating A Universe": Acceptance, Expression and Individuality Found in the U’s Brony Group"
- "Shifting Pink and Blue Syndrome"
- "r/bronies – Why Do You Like My Little Pony?"
- "r/mylittlepony – Why Do You Watch MLP:FiM?"
- "r/mylittlepony – Does MLP Have an Exceptionally Creative Fan Culture? If so, why?"
- "My Little Pony: The Bronies Who Love Them Aren’t Who You Think They Are"
- "Who you surround yourself with is important"
- "My Little Pony - Wikipedia"
- "5 Facts About Bronies, AKA The Adult Male Fans Of My Little Pony"
- "Brony Herd Census & State of the Herd Report"
- "Reddit: (serious) Bronies of Reddit, why do you like My Little Pony so much? What's the appeal? Is "Brony" derogatory to you?"
- "Quora: Why do people hate Bronies?"
- "Bronies for Good"
- "5 Hated Groups That Are Going Out of Their Way to Be Awesome"
- "Bronies explained: The grown men who love 'My Little Pony' aren't who you think they are"
- "Inside the Bizarre World of 'Bronies,' Adult Male Fans of 'My Little Pony'"
- "Bronies are redfening fandom - and American manhood"
- A Brony Tale (2014) Dir. Brent Hodge